The Answer to the world is unchanged
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
– 1 John 4
CONFIDENCE TO MAKE GODLY DECISIONS
The difference in today and 50 years ago is this, the corruption in the culture always felt “over there” and the Church became lazy in sanctification. But, that was the devils lie and laziness spread the corruption into every aspect of culture and the Church. 50 years ago I lived in a Christian culture. Today, I live in a satanic culture. My generation let it happen.
Know, Trust, Obey
The antidote to this lost world
- Know – Memorize the Bible in context to doctrine, bury it in your heart
- Be prepared to defend apologetically Genesis 1-11.
- Trust – If we don’t trust what God says in His word, go to Salvation and Assurance for a spiritual checkup.
- Obey – Hear and do
- Pray – Without ceasing
- Fellowship often
- Develop accountability partners
- Rest – Doing all 3 of the above / Sanctification
The antidote builds confidence and a desire to:
- Break away from bad influencing friends and build relationship with good influencers
- Remain faithful in the face of cultural emptiness, knowing and even expecting it could impact your career
- Turn from negative cultural indoctrination on cable and rather stream positive influences.
- Purchase from Christian retailers, even if it costs more
- Turn from sexual corruption and proactively Block Porn from all internet accesses points
Ultimately you will become an unflappable confident warrior for Christ whose treasures are laid up in heaven.